Two at play

Here I was, immersed deep in self-love,
Somewhat hollow, but self-sufficient,
Driven to be all I’d ever need from another,
Alone, content, not a day that I felt lonesome!

Then you came along, a soft whisper in the wind,
With a devious smile, hiding a storm within,
Shining through, like the sun on a dreary day,
Blinding me with your brightest rays...

Blinding, in ways unexpected,
With that gorgeous poker face, unsuspected
Shattering my once sturdy walls,
Vulnerable now, I bared all there was.

Switching gears to the incipience of the end
Not too naive to comprehend -
This, us, none of it was enough
Your best for me was half a heart

But a coward at play,
You wouldn’t say it to my face
So I summoned my superficial strength
And let you go, left you to repent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream

Life as we Know it

Missing Pieces Shouldn't Matter